12 Gauge Shells spawn in police stations, O'Leary Prison, and other police locations.
- Takes up less inventory space than a box of ammo.
- Can be loaded directly into guns, or used to refill magazines.
- Weapons using this ammo tend to do high damage in close quarters.
- Holds less ammo per inventory slot than a box of ammo.
- Each time one is fired, they disappear - which means they cannot be refilled with any ammo box.
- Weapons using this ammo tend to have relatively limited ranges.
- In Classic, Shells were used to craft ammunition for shotguns.
- When shot out of a gun, it splits into five pellets.
They can most commonly be found at Police Stations.
- It is possible to generate an unlimited amount of shells.