|Slots||6 Slots (3x2)|
|Range (Error)||1 meters • 3.28084 feet|
|Durability||15% degrade chance|
The Chainsaw is an Uncommon Melee Weapon in Unturned 3 that can only be found in Farms or rarely dropped by Lumberjack or Farmer Zombies. It has a medium reach and can be used constantly, without any form of fuel.
- Scrap Metal (x4) + Chainsaw = Chainsaw (100%)
- The Chainsaw is one of the only three automatic melee weapons in the game (the other being the Blowtorch and Jackhammer), and removes swing timing as a factor when attacking.
- It is effective in dealing with crowds, as one can circle a group of zombies and deal steady damage to the entire mob. It also can stun zombies like other melees.
- Its constant attacking speed allows its decent damage to couple up into a massive effect.
- Can chop down trees quicker than either type of axe or other weapons.
- Using the Chainsaw in any way will produce a lot of noise, making stealth an impossibility when using it.
- When using, it is possible to experience a drop in FPS with slower computers.
- Using the Chainsaw, even when not chopping trees or attacking, will degrade it.
- The Chainsaw requires no fuel, despite the fact that real-life chainsaws need fuel to operate.
- If you hold down left click, then click tab and release left click, the Chainsaw will continue to function, making long, repetitive tasks (such as tearing down old buildings) a lot easier.
- Until the 2.1.5 patch, the Chainsaw sound was bugged causing the sound effect to stop after 0.5 seconds of playing, meaning it would produce a strange looped audio sound.
- Although it does less damage, its DPS is much higher than the strongest melee weapon in the game due to its constant hit rate.
- The Chainsaw can still chop down trees if at 0% durability. But it will take about ~10 seconds to chop it down.
- The Chainsaw, strangely, can be used normally while diving underwater.