The Makeshift Scope is a Scope Attachment added in the 220.127.116.11 patch. It has 6x zoom.
- Made out of common materials.
- Takes up a small amount of space in the inventory.
- Considerable amount of zoom allows for easy long-range targeting.
- Unlike the Unturned Classic Zoom-O-Matic, it has a four-line crosshair area.
- Scope has a x6 magnification unlike Unturned Classic's Zoom-O-Matic zoom of 3.4.
- It is very easy to obtain compared to the difficulty of finding other high-grade attachments and scopes.
- Due to its medium zoom, it is unwise to use at close range.
- The scope is bulky, taking up a larger portion of the screen.
- There is no central reticle in the Makeshift Scope, but sometimes, a 'crosshair' will appear when zoomed in with the Makeshift Scope. This makes it easier to use.
- Like the Zoomomatic, which is also a makeshift optic in version 2.0, the Makeshift Scope is apparently made with a pair of binoculars, albeit cut in half and welded to a makeshift scope mount, rather than taping a full pair onto a gun. It also seems to have an additional lens taped on, giving itself a cross-hair, which the Zoomomatic does not have and thus yielding no cross-hairs.
- The makeshift scope is so large that if you put a weapon on safety with it attached it will block almost all of your vision.
|Item Type:||Attachment (Scope)|
|Examine Text:||Makeshift medium range optic.|
The Zoomomatic can be used just like binoculars on weapons, or long-range sniping due to its high magnification. Although it beats the 6x Zoom Scope and 7x Zoom Scope, it does not feature a reticle, making it somewhat difficult to snipe with it.
Using a tactical laser may help to counter this problem. However, the laser is hard to see from far distances while aiming. This makes its high magnification a problem since the laser will not appear when looking at far distances.
- It is the only craftable scope.
- The Zoomomatic, in appearance, is a pair of binoculars with tape around it.
- It may help placing a dot on your screen as a reticle as the center is always fixed.
- Not recommended to use because it is buggy, and there are more easily obtainable and higher-zoom scopes with reticles.
- One possible fix to the glitched weapon bug is to change your character from left handed to right handed. The glitch seems to only happens to left handed characters.
- Headshots are harder to achieve compared to other scopes.
- The item is no longer in the game
WEAPONS NAVBOX (2.0)