The Rangefinder is an Epic tactical attachment that allows the player to view the range from the gun to the exact point the gun is aiming at. The distance is measured based on the measurement system the game is set to, which is meters if metric is set, or yards if imperial is set. If the distance reaches too close or too far, the color of the laser will turn from green to red.
The Rangefinder is most useful for sniper rifles, especially when the user is unsure of the distance of the target. It is also very useful when using a 16x Scope.
Rarely found at the following locations:
PEI: Summerside Military Base, Confederation Bridge
Washington: Scorpion-7, Paradise Point, Olympia Military Base, Military Checkpoints (Seattle), Military Checkpoints (Caved-In Tunnels), Destroyed Military Convoys, Crashed Helicopter on the Golf Course
Russia: Oil Rig, Silo 22, Zavod, Volk Military Base, Coalition Armory Vendor.
- Always emits a light while active, which gives a slight night vision if the player lacks night vision goggles.
- Tells the user if their shot will be ineffective when the target is too far away by turning the LED to a red color.
- Light emitted cannot be seen by other players, even when it's on.
- Only shows the max range of the equipped firearm.
- The Rangefinder only shows the distance when the player points at a solid point, making it an inadvisable choice for guns with big bullet drop, like the Rocket Launcher.
The Rangefinder is a Tactical Attachment in Antique.