Timberwolf Magazines can be found at Military areas on the 3.0 PEI map or as drops from Mega Zombies or Horde Beacons. In Washington and Russia it has a 1.9% and a 1.4% chance respectively of being found in Carepackages.
- The Timberwolf has the highest player damage in the game tied with other sniper rifles, making it ammunition efficient, provided one does not miss.
- It only occupies one inventory space
- It has a low ammo count, holding 6 rounds per magazine.
- It is used by only the Timberwolf.
- It is extremely rare.
- It can only be refilled using the High Caliber Military Ammunition Crate, which is also very rare.
- The Timberwolf Magazine is most likely based off the .338 Lapua Magnum, the round that its real-life counterpart holds.
- It was previously called "Lapua Magazine" when it first appeared in the game. Its second name was "8.6x70mm Magazine" when it reappeared in version 3.0.
- When it reappeared in version 3.0, the gun's description said it used 5.56 rounds despite being used by the Timberwolf. It was later fixed after couple of versions.